Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based 12 step study program developed to help people recover from ANY type of hurt, hang up or habit. CR was started in 1991 at Saddleback Church in California with the goal of overcoming life issues using Christian principles.
Celebrate Recovery at Creekside, meets every Wednesday night, and we provide FREE child care from birth to 12 years of age.
- We start with Fellowship and dinner at 6:00-6:50 p.m. (dinner is a small fee of 3.00 per person)
- Worship starts at 7:00 pm
- The Main Lesson and or Testimony starts at 7:30 pm
- Small groups meet from 8:00-9:00 pm
- Fellowship and dessert afterwards from 9:00-9:30 p.m.
- Childcare is free
We work on all hurts, habits and hang-ups, in our small groups. Groups are separated by gender and are based on area of struggle.
Our Purpose is to share only, not to fix each other. In our small group work, we focus on our own struggles, with Anonymity and Confidentiality the BASIC requirement. We work through the 12-steps
Things We ARE:
Things We Are NOT:
|* Safe place to share
* Place of belonging
* Place to care for others and be cared for
* Place where respect if given to each member
* Place where confidentiality is highly regarded
* Place to learn
* Place to grow and become strong again
* Place where you can take off your mask
* Place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
* Possible turning point in your life
|* Place for selfish control
* Place for therapy
* Place for secrets
* Place to look for dating relationships
* Place to rescue or be rescued by others
* Place for perfection
* Place to judge others
* Quick fix
Small Groups WILL:
- Provide a safe place to share your struggles, fears, hopes and victories with others who are going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang up or habit.
- Provide a leader who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week.
- The leader will also apply Celebrate Recovery’s “Five Small Group Guidelines”, ensuring a safe and annonymous place to share.
- Provide you with opportunities to find accountability partners, and/or a sponsor to encourage and guide you through the program.
- Encourage and support you on your Celebrate Recovery journey!
Small Groups Will NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counslers.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.
Small Group Guidelines:
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts, feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There will be no cross talk, please. Cross talk is where 2 individuals engage in a dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express their feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not atempt of “fix” another.
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.